About Me

My thoughts about love life, and happiness were greatly influenced my childhood and experiences in life I could never regret.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Novels on your Pockets

I got this hobby of typing anything on Google's search box and whatever comes out, I read it. So as I was thinking of something to share today, I typed-in "online' and these keywords popped-out.

*online games           *online photo editor  *online photo editor
*online dictionary      *online jobs              * online books

And the one which caught my attention bigtime is this, ONLINE POCKETBOOKS!

So out of curiousity, I clicked one of the links and it showed me variety of Pocketbooks to read. And then I wonder if Filipino pocketbooks are also available online. So I added "Filipino" in the search box. And it did satisfied my curiosity, because YES. It is effin in the internet. There's an odd connotation when it comes to "Filipino Pocketbooks" which I disapprove but sadly it does exist. I started thinking, if most (disclaimer: I'm not saying all.) of readers of these pocketbooks are the helpers and students in HS. Now I know why our helper before used to borrow my laptop and the teens are so hooked up with the internet. (Haha!) Aha! it's not just the games and facebook they're after. Haha! But kidding aside, I am practically amazed with what I have discovered.

I browsed the different links available. I saw interesting and witty titles. e.g. A night to remember,Akala Ko Hindi Mo Pansin, Aliens Romance, All I need, Bakasyon, Breaking Silence, Pen-pen de Serafin,I meant it when I said I do (which I'm reading by the way). I find it very interesting because I can imagine the whole setting. It's as if I can hear their voices and I can relate easily because I am familiar with the language used and the set-up is easier to visualize. It adds 'Kilig' factor when reading. I sometimes imagine me and my partner as the characters of the story. Call me hopeless romatic, but hell yeah! it's cool! It made me laugh bigtime! And say "ayiiii" and "awww" a million times! haha!

However, most of the teens who are really fond of reading these pocketbooks (mostly about love and romance), are reluctant on buying these short novels at the bookstore because of the connotation that these books are for  "jologs, baduy, corny," individuals. I know because first, I was once a teenager. Secondly, with no shame, I read several of precious romance series when I was in first year college. But of course, none of the teenagers would want to be called by these odd names. So it's either they hide it from their friends,deny that they are a reader, or forget they even like it. Good thing, I have a bunch of true friends to tolerate this. :)

I guess I just found the benefit of having online pocketbooks. First, it saves our mother nature because of it's paperless contribution. Secondly, it gives opportunities to our young writers to post their works and be known. It also takes away the hesitation on reading.You can also save money because you may choose not to buy the hard copy and just save it on your flash disks. Lastly, it is more convenient because you can read it using your phone, tablet, or any gadget that has internet connection.

And before I forget, Kudos to all the writers of these pocketbooks. I adore your creativity! Cheers! ^.^

sources:
http://www.tagalogpocketbooks.org/
http://onlinepocketbook.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-meant-it-when-i-said-i-do-chapter-1.html
www.facebook.com/topreader

No comments:

Post a Comment